KIDKEN’s curriculum is a proven and research based academic program for schools that builds thinking skills & problem solving confidence in children. We lead from the front in the widespread pursuit of a better, more effective approach to education.
Since the evolution of early childhood education, curriculum has been intertwine, and often bewildered with some related issue like beliefs, learning theories/pedagogies, and skills/standards.
The curriculum is different from the guiding principles or beliefs about children and their learning.
When you start a school, the image and branding are the most vital aspects. Nevertheless, in order to retain parents and move a school from strength to strength depends on how good a school's education program is, especially its curriculum but also the confidence it creates in every child.
It lays before a child diverse pathways. With deep observation, a note is made of the preferred learning style of each child. Once this is accomplished, activities are built around his/her comfort learning style. This approach ensures that no pressure is made on the child and hence they grow at their own pace.
The curriculum helps in overall development of the child through various activities of sensorial, exercises of practical life, mathematics, language, sciences. The curriculum provides child with opportunities to exercise freedom of choice, freedom of work and an ample space to enhance creative, socio-economic skills.
Assessments push a student forward and help them become better partners in their own learning. Teachers work is reduced as they do not need to make worksheets and assessments. Focus changes from completion to perfection.
KIDKEN uses advanced pedagogy of the young child
An integrated curriculum sees children’s experiences as learning opportunities, which are all interwoven. Integrated themes and project form the foundation for curriculum planning, enabling three and four-year old children to make connections among and between ideas and knowledge, which are meaningful to them. This type of learning employs an interdisciplinary approach which discourages the separation of learning activities into distinct subject areas, but rather promotes the linking of learning experiences across developmental domains, as well as, across content/subject areas. Learning therefore is viewed in a holistic manner using a variety of materials, leading to children’s acquisition of knowledge, skills, dispositions and feelings.
An integrated curriculum will facilitate children’s exploration, discovery, problem-solving, critical thinking and experimentation in a meaningful context and allow for a project-based emergent or negotiated curriculum to inform the learning and teaching processes. Children learn from personally meaningful experiences, which reflect the reality of their lives. Integrated themes and projects must be used to engage young children in thoughtful, purposeful learning.
OUR CURRICULUM INTEGRATES THE WORLD'S BEST EDUCATION SYSTEMS
1. The Montessori Method of Dr. Maria Montessori
2. Multiple Intelligences of Dr. Howard Gardner
3. Bloom Taxonomy of Dr. Benjamin Bloom
4. Theme Based Approach
1. Research-based – Our curriculum approach is to incorporate and integrate the best possible methods, which caters to each child with his/her varying needs and abilities. The curriculum is designed in such a way that it ignites the child’s inquisitive ability to learn, nurtures curiosity and gives in an abundance of pathway to creativity. The weaving of different approaches together in itself brings out the rich experience of explorations to child.
2. Child-Centric - Here the child picks and works with materials on their own. The role of a teacher in the classroom is restricted as “Spectators”, “Facilitators” and “Presenters”.
3. Activity based learning- A lesson must start with kinesthetic learning and then proceed to abstraction followed by written expression Learning should be based on doing some hands-on experiments and activities. The idea of activity-based learning is rooted in the common notion that children are active learners rather than passive recipients of information. If child is provided the opportunity to explore by their own and provided an optimum learning environment then the learning becomes joyful and long-lasting.
4. Hands-on teaching techniques – Our curriculum integrates hands-on teaching techniques and activities. Our kinesthetic activity-based learning technique brings the playground into the classroom. Montessori said ‘the hand builds the brain.’ No other curriculum can claim to integrate.
5. Flexible lesson plans – Our whole year of lesson plans are designed in such a way that it not only gives you the flexibility to experiment and experience depending on your group of children but also allows you to bring out the vast variety of aspects of possibilities in enriching the learning experience.
6. Integrated Assessment - The observations and assessments play vital role in understanding child’s progress, strengthening their abilities and in providing the areas that need more exposures. We offer software solution to making this process an easy solution, where the teacher can focus on her planning to work with each child, rather than being hassled up on the data. The whole approach makes the job simple and approachable. The idea of authentic assessments brings great sense of relief to parents and helps teacher’s to provide everything that takes to bring the best in each child.
7. Mixed Age Group - A mixed age pooling helps child to interact with all age group children. The interactions will enhance the social behavior, sharing, caring, leadership skills, etc. The class is divided into corners based on the area of development. Hence, classroom is divided in practical life corner, language corner, cognitive corner, creative corner, sensorial corner, and so on. Thus, the mixed age groups foster and the development of the child is ensured and each child can progress at his / her own pace. There is also an insurance that there is an access to all materials to all children and the adults can monitor the progress and usage of materials easily
8. Classroom Environment - Stimulates a sense of self discipline, independence, freedom to explore and be creative in the environment. The environment is an open environment where children choose their own materials and work with them based on presentations done by the teachers. Children work in a typical fashion with low level desks (chowki’s) and mats.
9. Professionally developed – Our curriculum is based on years of research on what can help in holistic development of the child. The whole framework of the curriculum not only aims at the relevant development of the child but also in giving meaningful experiences that provides strong foundation to the child in the enjoying the process of learning.
10. Self-teaching curriculum – Study material is easily understandable and the students can progress faster, learn more independently.
• Royalty free model
• Activities builds engagement & helps students practice
• Teachers can see videos to introduce/teach a topic
• Integrated assessments to monitor progress of each child
• Software platform to manage lessons, day to day activities and child progress
• Teacher planners and training
• Complete support on on-going curriculum
• Keeps children engaged and makes them confident
• Reduces teacher workload
• Achieve more practical goals in less time
• Reduce weight of the school bag